Best IPL Epilators for Home Use
Are you one of those women who want the smoothest possible skin without any hair? Then you’ve probably already tried waxing, classic epilators or laser hair removal. It might be time to give an IPL epilator a chance! Using it is easy, quick and painless – plus your skin will be perfectly smooth after only 4 treatments and the effect will last up to 8 weeks.
How Does IPL Hair Removal Work?
IPL technology uses intense pulse light which directly targets pigment cells or the pigment inside the root of your hair, and then destroys it without any side effects. This reduces hyperpigmentation, causes hair to fall out and over time prevents its new growth.
This is why an IPL epilator works best on light to medium light skin with dark blonde, brown or black hair.
Benefits of a Photoepilator
- Done in a flash. HOME IPL epilation is the fastest way to remove unwanted hair.
- Doesn’t hurt. IPL is a gentle method, so you don’t have to worry about the pain you know from standard hair removal or accidental cuts with a razor.
- Saves money. Do you feel like IPL devices are too expensive? Then try and calculate how much you’re really paying for hair removal every ear.
- It’s portable. You can enjoy velvety smooth skin even when you’re travelling because a photoepilator fits into any luggage.
- Long-lasting results. Some IPL epilators get rid of hair for up to 6 months.
- For those who feel shy. Having someone else remove hair from your intimate areas can be completely unthinkable for some people. Using your own IPL device solves this problem for you.
Which IPL Epilator Should You Choose?
Model to start with
If you’re happy with a simpler version of an IPL device, you can’t go wrong with the Philips Lumea Advanced SC1994/00 model.
For body and face
Want to remove unwanted hair from your body as well as your face? Then pick the Remington i-Light Prestige IPL6750 IPL epilator which comes with an attachment for body, face, underarms and bikini area.
When to Avoid Using a Photoepilator?
- If you’re currently dealing with inflammatory acne or eczema.
- In case you have large protruding scars in the area you want to treat.
- If you have naturally white, blonde or ginger hair, or a very dark skin tone.
How to Use an IPL Epilator?
Step 1: Be prepared. Two weeks before photoepilation, avoid the following:
- direct sunlight
- sun beds
- chemical peels
- collagen injections
- blood-thinning medication (such as aspirin, ibuprofen and others)
- creams and serums containing retinol, AHA or BHA acids
Step 2: Shave. IPL epilator directly affects the roots of your hair, which means that you can shave the day before your treatment. Unlike with waxing or other methods, there’s no need to let your hair grow to a certain length.
Step 3: Choose the correct intensity. Follow the instructions to determine which light intensity is ideal for your skin and hair, and set it on your IPL epilator.
Step 4: Don’t rush. IPL hair removal is very fast anyway, so don’t be in a hurry and just stick to the instructions. You’ll still be able to treat both of your calves in 10 minutes.
Step 5: No restrictions. After the treatment you can go back to your everyday activities – just remember to wait at least 2 days before sunbathing and use a product with high SPF.
Step 6: Repeat. Perform the first 4 treatments over a span of 2 weeks. After that you only need to reach for your IPL device once a month.
Step 7: Stop shaving. Once you notice your hair has stopped growing, you can ditch the razor and rely fully on your IPL epilator.
Are your busy job or child care preventing you from getting a velvety smooth skin? It only takes a few “zaps” to reach your goal!