- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Grès Cabotine FloralieIngredients
Gres Cabotine Floralie Eau de Toilette pays homage to natural beauty, femininity and elegance. It perfectly accentuates your natural charm and relaxed sophistication.
- a floral, woody scent
- for the modern, self-confident woman
- especially for warm weather
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Freesia, Lemon, Black Currant
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Lily Of The Valley, Rose
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Peach, Musk, Cedar
- Fragrance category
- floral, woody
- Active ingredients
- salicylic acid
About the brand Grès
The name Gres comes from a woman called Germaine Emilie Krebs. She was born in 1903, and originally wanted to become a sculptor or ballerina. She began making hats and in 1932 opened her first fashion house, Alex Couture.
Madame Gres understood women’s clothing as a work of art and tested the fabric directly on the models. Gres soon became a symbol for elegant clothes. They dressed some famous names – among them Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, Dolores del Río, Lady Deterling, and many others. From 1942 she began working under the name Gres.
The first perfume for women by Gres came out in 1959 and was called Cabochard. In 1982, Gres was forced to sell the perfume business, which eventually happened in 1984. The owners changed. Today the company is based in Switzerland but still has several dozen original fragrances.