- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Byredo Accord OudIngredients
Mystical aroma of agarwood mixed with enticing fruity notes and warm spices. Byredo Accord Oud Eau de Parfum is a brand new take on the classic oriental woody notes in combination with delicious blackberries.
- oriental fragrance with leather and fruits
- unisex composition
- exceptionally long-lasting
Composition of the fragrance
Accord Oud pairs the dark, spicy aroma of agarwood with its direct opposite in the form of ripe blackberry. The sweet woody composition is deepened with notes of rum and leather. The dry, herbal green aroma of sage then leads the fragrance down to the sensual base of patchouli and musk.
Story of the fragrance
Accord Oud is one of the two Byredo fragrances built around agarwood, with special attention paid to the historical and cultural meaning of this ingredient. This note has been inspiring perfumers for centuries and was even mentioned in the ancient Indian vedas. In the Arabic world, it is used as a perfume ingredient as well as part of rituals.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Blackberry, Rum, Saffron
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Leather, Clary Sage
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Musk, Patchouli
- Fragrance category
- oriental, spicy
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.