How to Reduce Wrinkles
An extremely common part of ageing, wrinkles are small creases in the skin that form on the forehead, around the eyes, between the eyebrows or around the mouth, and deepen with time. However, even though it’s a natural process, you can significantly impact the number and intensity of wrinkles. Find out about the best methods to fight against skin ageing and wrinkles and to prevent them.
Different Types of Wrinkles and Their Causes
- Wrinkles caused by skin ageing: With time, the amount of elastin and collagen in your skin decreases, thus reducing its elasticity and firmness. This leads to the formation of small wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and on your forehead.
- Wrinkles caused by dehydration: Up to 75% of our body is water. When there’s not enough of it, our skin doesn’t sufficiently regenerate and loses its firmness. Dehydration causes wrinkles particularly on the forehead.
- Expression wrinkles: They form in the areas where your skin creases when your muscles repeatedly contract with laughter, frowning or squinting. Most commonly you can see expression wrinkles around the mouth, between the eyebrows, and so-called crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Wrinkles caused by wrong sleeping position: When you sleep on your stomach or on your side, after a few hours your skin might develop creases. These wrinkles in your cleavage, around your eyes and lips can be avoided by sleeping on your back.
Negative Factors That Impact Formation of Wrinkles
- Insufficient liquid intake and unhealthy diet with too much fat.
- Smoking and exposure to cigarette smoke, excessive intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Incorrect or insufficient skincare routine, skin dehydration, not removing your makeup and not cleansing your skin.
- Excessive sun exposure and not using a sunscreen and day creams with SPF.
- Significant weight fluctuation and extreme diets.
- Not getting enough sleep and rest. Stress and a hectic lifestyle.
How to Get Rid of Wrinkles
In order to get rid of wrinkles, you should use all the weapons at your disposal. Adjust your skin care routine and start doing facial exercises and anti-wrinkle massage which promotes collagen production and keeps your skin supple even as you age. Remember that dehydrated and dry skin is especially prone to wrinkles, which means that hydration should be your top priority.
Rules of Anti-Wrinkle Skin Care
- Makeup removal and cleansing. Impurities and residual makeup overburden your skin, impeding its renewal and the effects of anti-wrinkle skin care. Don’t forget to cleanse and tone your skin in the morning.
- Hydration and targeted skin care. Focus on skin care which contains hydrating and anti-ageing ingredients. Start with an anti-wrinkle serum that works deeply in the skin, and follow it up with a hydrating anti-wrinkle cream. Apply an anti-wrinkle eye cream on the sensitive eye area by patting it gently into the skin with your fingertips.
- Protect your skin from the sun and other negative factors. Prevent premature ageing by using a cream with SPF every time you leave the house. Don’t forget to also use protective creams in winter to prevent dryness caused by cold weather.
- Regeneration. Use an anti-wrinkle exfoliator on a regular basis to speed up skin renewal. Every time you use it, apply an anti-wrinkle mask as well.
Most Popular Anti-Wrinkle Cosmetic Ingredients
- Hyaluronic acid: Found naturally in human skin, this ingredient helps retain water and promotes the formation of collagen and elastin fibres. It fights premature sin ageing and helps reduce wrinkles.
- Retinol: Powerful antioxidant which helps accelerate skin regeneration and smooth out wrinkles.
- Collagen: Keeps your skin firm and supple but disappears with age, which is why you need to supplement it. It increases your skin’s resistance to negative external factors.
- Coenzyme Q10: Protects skin from the impact of free radicals which cause premature ageing. Reduces the visibility of wrinkles.
- Vitamin C: Promotes collagen production in your skin and protects skin cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Also: vitamin E, ceramides, peptides, AHA acids, caffeine, shea butter and green tea.
A good massage relieves muscle tension, promotes skin blood flow and regeneration, and makes skin firmer and smoother. Anti-wrinkle facial massage is best performed in the evening on freshly cleansed skin after using your favourite anti-wrinkle cream, oil or serum. You can use your fingers, a facial massage roller or a gua-sha plate. Repeat the motions three times:
- Start at your neck by gently massaging from the bottom up to the edge of your face.
- Massage your face in half-circle motions from between your brows up to the sides of your forehead and your temples.
- Massage the skin around your eyes in circular motions, proceeding from the bridge of your nose across your brow bone to the outer corners of your eyes, and then under your eyes all the way back.
- Massage your cheeks in half-circles from your nose under your cheekbones and then from your chin towards your temples.
- Finally, massage the nasolabial folds proceeding from your chin around your mouth towards your nose.
- Zoë AylaLuxurious Rose Quartz RollerMassage Roller for Face
- CrystalloveRose Quartz Gua Sha PlateMassage Tool
- Zoë AylaClassy White Opal RollerMassage Roller for Face
- CrystalloveButterfly Rose Quartz Gua Sha PlateMassage Tool
- Zoë AylaRose Quartz Roller BallMassage Roller for Face and Eyes
- Zoë AylaLuxurious Jade Gua Sha Therapy ToolMassage Tool
- Zoë AylaClear Quartz RollerMassage Roller for Face
Menopause and Your Skin
- Cleanse your face with gentle products suitable for dry and sensitive skin. Always remember to only use lukewarm water.
- Depending on the condition of your skin, use an enzyme peel or a glycolic acid peel. And don’t forget to protect your skin from sunlight – not just after exfoliation.
- Don’t forget about products with ceramides and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which are contained in ingredients such as shea butter and promote the correct function of your skin barrier.
- Whenever you feel like your skin is dry, apply a moisturiser with hyaluronic acid and glycerol. You can also refresh your skin with a thermal water in spray.
<strong><center> Anti-wrinkle skin care</strong></center>
- VichyNeovadiol Compensating ComplexInstant Effect Remodelling Cream for Dry Skin 50 ml
- ShiseidoFuture Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating CreamRestoring Cream For Eye Area And Lips 17 ml
- Free deliveryEisenbergClassique Soin Anti-ÂgeAnti-Wrinkle Firming Cream 50 ml
- Helena RubinsteinRe-Plasty Age RecoveryRevitalizing And Renewing Night Cream 50 ml
- Estée LauderPerfectionist ProIntensive Firming Serum For Skin Rejuvenation 50 ml
- ElemisPro-Collagen Definition Day CreamRedefining day cream 50 ml
- Elizabeth ArdenCeramide Retinol CapsulesNight Serum In Capsules 30 pc
- VichyNeovadiol Compensating ComplexRemodelling Night Cream with Immediate Effect for All Skin Types 50 ml
ACMDuolys CEAntioxidant Serum with Anti-Aging Effect 15 ml
BioliqPROIntense Revitalising Serum With Caviar 30 ml
Delia CosmeticsProfessional Face Care Hyaluronic AcidIntense Filling Anti-Wrinkle Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for Face, Neck and Chest 10 ml
BielendaSkin Clinic Professional Super Power Mezo SerumRejuvenating Serum For Skin With Imperfections 30 ml
Helena RubinsteinRe-Plasty Age RecoveryRevitalizing And Renewing Night Cream 50 ml
La Roche-PosayPure Vitamin CBrightening Anti-Wrinkle Serum with Vitamine C 30 ml
KORIKANaturBeautyBrightening Face Sheet Mask 20 g
LancômeGénifique AdvancedRejuvenating Radiance Face Mask with Moisturizing Effect 28 g
WeledaSkin FoodGift Set (with Nourishing Effect)
Delia CosmeticsProfessional Face Care Vitamin CVitamin C Brightening Serum for Face, Neck and Chest 10 ml
ElemisPro-Collagen Oxygenating Night CreamNight Cream with Anti-Wrinkle Effect 50 ml
SesdermaC-VitMoisturizing Facial Cream with Anti-Aging Effect 50 ml
VichyLiftactiv SupremeFirming Anti-Aging Night Cream with Lifting Effect 50 ml
ElemisMen Pro-Collagen Marine CreamAnti-Wrinkle Moisturiser 30 ml
special offerElemisPro-Collagen Marine Cream Ultra-RichAnti-Wrinkle Rich Day Cream 50 ml
FOREOUFO™ Call It a NightRevitalising Overnight Mask for Skin Renewal with Nourishing Effect 7 x 6 g
ClarinsSuper Restorative DayDay Illuminating Lifting Replenishing Cream for All Skin Types 50 ml
Delia CosmeticsProfessional Face Care Vitamins A+E+FAnti-Wrinkle Serum For Face And Décolleté 10 ml
special offerVichyLiftactiv Collagen SpecialistRejuvenating Lifting Cream with Anti-Wrinkle Effect 50 ml
BiothermHomme Force SupremeYouth Reshaping Cream 50 ml
FlosLek LaboratoriumAnti-Aging Gold & EnergyRejuvenating Mask with Gold 2 x 5 ml
Eveline CosmeticsExpert CActive Vitamine Night Serum 18 ml
Delia CosmeticsProfessional Face Care CollagenIntense Anti-Wrinkle Moisturising Serum for Face, Neck and Chest 10 ml
ElemisPro-Collagen Neck & Décolleté BalmNeck & Décolleté Balm 50 ml