Perspiration can be a real problem, even though it’s a very normal function of the human body and even beneficial for our health. Until it becomes too much.
Normal vs. Excessive Sweating
Sweat, which is naturally odourless, is produced by eccrine glands and made up of 99% water and 1% salt. It’s our bodies’ natural way of cooling down in hot weather or during physical activity. Perspiration can also occur in stressful situations – this is referred to as “emotional sweating” and involves apocrine glands as well.
Excessive perspiration can sometimes happen even when you’re calm and the temperature is mild, without any apparent cause. This is when we talk about excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis.
Causes of Excessive Sweating
The main cause of excessive sweating is the increased activity of eccrine sweat glands. There are two basic types of hyperhidrosis – primary (focal) and secondary:
- Primary hyperhidrosis is often hereditary and first manifests as early as puberty. It’s a condition where the part of your brain that regulates sweating sends a signal to your eccrine glands without any cause, and you start sweating.
- Unlike with primary hyperhidrosis, the reasons for secondary hyperhidrosis can vary. This condition can be caused throughout your life by pregnancy, menopause, heart diseases or other diseases, obesity, addictive substances, or medication.
How to Prevent Excessive Sweating
Worried about excessive foot or armpit sweat? Try changing parts of your lifestyle. One small change can have unexpected effects. Here’s how to deal with excessive perspiration:
- Cut Down on Spicy Foods, Coffee, and Alcohol
- Wear clothing made from natural materials such as cotton or linen.
- Don’t forget to drink enough unsweetened liquids during the day.
- A morning shower can help.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Buy a good antiperspirant to reduce excessive sweating and block the production of sweat.
Antiperspirant for Excessive Sweating
An antiperspirant against excessive underarm sweating can be the right solution if you want to reduce the amount of perspiration. It contains active ingredients which affect eccrine and apocrine sweat glands and partially block their activity. We offer high-impact antiperspirants whose effects last up to several days. That doesn’t mean you don’t need to take a shower – simply that the blocking of your sweat glands lasts longer.
- special offerFree deliveryVichyHomme DeodorantAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
- Free deliveryEucerinDeoAntiperspirant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 30 ml
- special offerFree deliveryEucerinDeo48h Antiperspirant To Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
- Free deliverySVRSpirial ExtremeRoll-on Antiperspirant for Excessive Sweating 20 ml
Deodorant for Excessive Sweating?
Unlike an antiperspirant, a deodorant doesn’t block the production of sweat. Instead, it prevents the sweat from reacting with bacteria on your skin, usually in your armpits, which causes unpleasant odour. This means that it doesn’t reduce sweating, but it can be used along with an antiperspirant.
- Free deliveryVichyDeodorantDeodorant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 125 ml
- Free deliveryLa Roche-PosayPhysiologiquePhysiological Deostick for Sensitive Skin 40 ml
- Free deliveryNuxeBodyLong - Lasting Roll - On Deodorant 50 ml
- Free deliveryAvèneBodyRoll-On Deodorant for Sensitive Skin 50 ml
Medical Treatments for Excessive Sweating – When an Antiperspirant Is Not Enough
No conventional method seems to be working? In that case, maybe it’s time for a medical intervention. The most popular ways of reducing the activity of sweat glands are botulinum toxin A, iontophoresis (electro treatment), or anticholinergic medication. All of these methods should be strictly administered after consulting your doctor.
special offerFree deliveryVichyHomme DeodorantAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
Free deliveryDriclorSolutionAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 20 ml
special offerFree deliveryVichyDeodorant 48hAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
special offerFree deliveryVichyDeodorantRoll-on to Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
Free deliveryEucerinDeoAntiperspirant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 30 ml
special offerFree deliveryEucerinDeo48h Antiperspirant To Treat Excessive Sweating 50 ml
Free deliveryBorotalcoInvisibleDeodorant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating
Free deliveryVichyDeodorantDeodorant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 125 ml
Free deliveryBorotalcoOriginalAnti - Perspirant Deodorant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 150 ml
Free deliveryFarmonaNivelazioneFoot Powder to Treat Excessive Sweating 100 g
Free deliverySVRSpirial ExtremeRoll-on Antiperspirant for Excessive Sweating 20 ml
Free deliveryDucrayHidrosis ControlAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 40 ml
Free deliveryZiajaYego BlokerAntiperspirant Roll-On to Treat Excessive Sweating 60 ml
Free deliveryVichyHomme DeodorantDeodorant Spray to Treat Excessive Sweating 100 ml