- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Byredo Black SaffronIngredients
Is it possible to pair the richness of Indian flavours and scents with Scandinavian minimalism? Ben Gorham, the Swedish founder of Byredo with Indian roots, knows that it is possible – and Byredo Black Saffron Eau de Parfum is the proof. This fragrance combines the sacred saffron with the mystical tales of Indian culture to perfectly underscore your masculine charisma.
- spicy fragrance reminiscent of bold colours
- inspired by Indian culture
- unique fragrance suitable for any occasion
Composition of the fragrance
Is it possible to pair the richness of Indian flavours and scents with Scandinavian minimalism? Ben Gorham, the Swedish founder of Byredo with Indian roots, knows that it is possible. This particular fragrance combines traditional Indian ingredients into a light, modern, transparent composition. The rich aroma of saffron and leather meets playful raspberry and pomelo, bitter aroma of juniper contrasts with powdery violet, and smooth cashmere melts into striking vetiver.
Story of the fragrance
Black Saffron takes the spiritual part of Indian culture, especially saffron with its intense orange colour. This rare spice is truly a symbol of India. While Buddhist monks wear saffron-coloured robes, Hindus consider saffron a sacred herb. Its aroma, colour, and flavour were an integral part of Ben Gorham’s childhood in India, which is why this fragrance represents a pairing of two seemingly so different cultures.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Saffron, Juniper Berries
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Leather, Violet
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Cashmeran, Raspberry, Vetiver
- Fragrance category
- oriental, spicy
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.