- About the brand
Description Byredo Gypsy WaterIngredients
The independent lifestyle of Romani travellers is symbolised by the aroma of fresh earth of the deep woods, a respect for tradition and a close relationship with nature. Byredo Gypsy Water unisex Eau de Parfum reflects this independence and colourful spirit of their nomadic life. Wrap yourself in a mystical aura whose constantly changing nature will never cease to surprise.
- sparkling, aromatic woody fragrance for both him and her
- unique and ever-changing composition
- for everyone who loves adventure
Composition of the fragrance
First, your senses will be intrigued by a citrus cocktail spiced up with juniper and freshly ground black pepper. Then comes aromatic frankincense permeated by pine needles and sweet iris root. The complexity and intensity of the composition rests on a very sensuous combination of amber, vanilla and sandalwood.
Story of the fragrance
Byredo Gypsy Water for men and women from 2008 celebrates the uniqueness of Romani culture, its traditions and customs and its distinctive nomadic lifestyle. It symbolises unbridled freedom and the daily changes that come with it. Give in to its unique and changeable aroma every single day.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Pepper, Bergamot, Juniper, Lemon
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Frankincense, Fir, Iris Root
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood
- Fragrance category
- aromatic, woody
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.