- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Byredo Rose NoirIngredients
A rose can be more than just a romantic and delicate symbol. It can also be dark and animalistic. The Byredo Rose Noir Eau de Parfum is proof of this. It sets the rose free from its romantic form and gives it a new sensual character.
- an intense and earthy fragrance composition with rose elements
- a unisex fragrance for both men and women
- a modern fragrance suitable for any occasion
Composition of the fragrance
The opening introduces citrus, floral freesia and bitter grapefruit. The impression of lightness soon fades, as the fragrance plunges into an intense depth of labdanum, musk and oakmoss. The Damask rose rules the fragrance with its vibrant colours and gentle nuances.
Story of the fragrance
As described by the brand representatives, the traditional concept of the rose is modified to unveil a darker interpretation of its character. In Rose Noir, the Damask rose is stripped of its innocence, dropped in the dirt and trodden on. Subsequently, it is embedded into an intense composition full of animalistic sensuality. The fragrance evokes the image of a decadent, voluptuous bed covered in rose petals.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Damask Rose
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Labdanum, Musk, Lichen
- Fragrance category
- floral, woody
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.