- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Chanel N°5Ingredients
A perfume with a capital P. A legend among fragrances. Luxury in a bottle. Chanel N°5 is that and so much more – the most famous fragrance of all time, favoured by many including the legendary Marilyn Monroe.
Enjoy the iconic fragrance which still hasn’t found its match even after decades since its first launch. Because quality, style, and feminine charm will never go out of fashion.
- iconic fragrance from 1921, the most famous perfume of all time
- powdery fragrance with floral and woody notes
- ideal for special occasions
Composition of the fragrance
First, you’ll notice aldehydes, ylang-yalng, neroli, and citrus notes. Then come the gentle notes of rose, lily of the valley, and jasmine. The whole composition rests on a base of amber, gourmand vanilla, and warm sandalwood with oriental notes of patchouli.
Story of the fragrance
Chanel N°5 Eau de Parfum for women was first introduced in 1921 by the famous Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Gabrielle wanted this fragrance to reflect her memories from her childhood in the French town of Aubazine. The chemist Ernest Beaux successfully created a few samples and Gabrielle especially liked sample number 5, which inspired the name of this iconic fragrance. The first 100 bottles were manufactured as a gift for the designer’s best customers, and then the fragrance became available in the Chanle boutique. After a hundred years on the market, Chanel N°5 is still one of the most popular fragrances in the world.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Lemon, Bergamot, Neroli, Aldehydes, Ylang-Ylang
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Jasmine, Lily Of The Valley, Rose
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Amber, Vanilla, Civet, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Fragrance category
- floral, aldehyde
About the brand Chanel
The founder of Chanel, dubbed the Queen of Fashion, Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, was born in 1883 in Saumur, a small town in the west of France. However, once she was in Paris, she conquered the fashion world with her progressive costume design with legs and a skirt.
Coco Chanel began as a bar singer, where she got her nickname. As early as 1912, she opened her first fashion salon, and was soon a recognised designer. By the mid-20th-century, she was setting the trends in haute couture and Chanel was worn by personalities such as Jacqueline Kennedy and Grace Kelly.
It was not long before Chanel’s interest spread to cosmetics and perfume. The very first Chanel perfume, the legendary Chanel No. 5, was launched in 1921 and is still one of the best-known and best-selling perfumes of all time. Nowadays, we can easily say that Chanel Chance, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Chanel Gabrielle are also cult classics.