Curling Iron: 2-in-1 Straightener and Curling iron
BellissimaMy Pro Creativity Infrared B8 200Hair Straightener
Free deliveryRemington Curl & Straight Confidence S6606Hair Straightener 2 in 1
BaBylissStylers 2 in 1 Straighten or CurlHair Straightener And Curling Iron 2 In 1
PhilipsStraightCare BHS675/00Hair Straightener
PhilipsStyleCare Advanced BHH822/00Hair Straightener And Curling Iron 2 In 1
Free deliveryRemingtonPRO - Sleek and Curl S6505Hair Straightener
RowentaLiss & Curl SF4412D4Hair Straightener
RowentaLiss & Curl Keratin Shine Elite SF4522D0Hair Straightener
RowentaFor Elite Model Look Multi Styler Unlimited Looks CF4132D0 Multi-Purpose Curling Wand for Hair
RemingtonSleek & Curl S6500 Hair Straightener
BellissimaCreativity B9 300Hair Straightener
BaBylissStyle Mix MS22EMulti-Purpose Curling Wand for Hair
RowentaLiss & Curl SF4210F0Hair Straightener
Get to Know Curling Straighteners
One tool for dozens of different styles! A curler/straightener is a 2-in-1 device that helps you create both sleek, straight looks for your business meetings and sexy beach curls for an exciting date! Save money and space in the bathroom with a product that works as both curler and straightener.
How to Choose a Curler/Straightener
You can pick one of two basic options:
- A “round” straightening iron with longer, round plates that help you straighten your hair as well as create elegant waves by using the right technique.
- A multi-purpose 2-in-1 curler and straightener with attachments – just pick the right one and turn your straightener into a curling iron or even a crimping iron. Since creating curls with a straightener takes some practice, a multi-purpose straightener/curler with attachments will make your job significantly easier.
When choosing a multi-purpose curling straightener, focus on these parameters:
- Temperature regulation: Without this function, you risk damaging your hair or not achieving the result you want. In general, the finer and more damaged your hair is, the lower temperature you should use (up to 160 °C), while unruly hair can handle higher temperatures (over 190 °C).
- Surface: Ceramic surface heats up faster and also curls your hair faster. Plus, your hair glides through it like a dream. Tourmaline plates eliminate static electricity and frizz in your hair.
More useful tips for selecting a curler/straightener:
- If you have short hair, choose a smaller curling straightener – it will be easier to use even on a short hairstyle.
- Control buttons located on the side of the device will make the curling process even easier and prevent accidental changes in temperature or switching the iron off completely.
- If you want something that’s easy to use and don’t want to deal with a tangled cable, find a straightener/curler with a swivel cable.
How to Curl Your Hair with a Straightener?
It takes a bit of patience and practice, but you’ll get there soon enough. Don’t forget to prevent hair damage by using heat protection, never exceed the maximum temperature that’s suited to your hair type and always follow the instructions of the manufacturer.
Recommended Method of Curling Hair with a Straightening Iron:
- Detangle your hair completely and separate it into sections.
- Place a section of hair between the plates of the straighteners and close them without using too much force (so the hair can glide through the tongs easily).
- Turn the straightener ideally 180° from your face (in a U shape). The more you turn the device around its axis, the tighter and more defined your curls will be.
- After a few seconds, start sliding the straighteners down to the end of the section and let go – your curl is done!
- The closer to the roots you start, the more prominent curls you’ll create.
Interested in getting a curler/straightener? Pick one up at notino.co.uk where we stock the best hair-styling products!