- About the brand
- Review 1
Description Diptyque PhilosykosIngredients
Create the feeling of a typical Greek summer. Diptyque Philosykos unisex Eau de Parfum will transport you to the summit of the Pelion mountain, and then down to the sea through a forest of wild fig trees. While the sun heats up the earth, the wind brings you the scent of trees and their sweet fruit.
- fresh green notes with a woody aroma
- for anyone who wants to recall the atmosphere of summer in Greece
- perfect accessory for spring and summer days
Composition of the fragrance
The fragrance contains a typical aroma of every part of the wild fig tree – starting with fresh fig leaf and the sweet fruit. The heart continues the same theme, enriched with fruity aroma and eventually replaced by woody notes represented by cedar wood with a pinch of black pepper.
Story of the fragrance
The unisex Diptyque Philosykos was created in 2012 by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti. It’s an ode to the fig tree – a characteristic Greek symbol that evokes hot summer and the warm ocean breeze that carries its intoxicating fragrance miles away. This unique woody scent attracts both women and men with its exceptional aroma and luxurious bottle adorned with a traditional round logo featuring figs.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Fig, Fig Leaf
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Green Notes, Coconut
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Cedar, Fig Tree, Woody Notes
- Fragrance category
- aromatic, woody
About the brand Diptyque
The story of Diptyque began in the very heart of Paris, on the Boulevard Saint-Germain, bringing together three friends with the same creative passion. The company’s founders – Christiane Gautrot, Desmond Knox-Leet and Yves Couesland – originally started out in entirely unrelated industries. The first was an interior designer, the second a painter, and the third a theatre director and stage designer.
From designing fabrics and wallpapers together for the Liberty and Sanderson design houses, the trio then opened their own showroom together to present their designs. Yves became the business consultant; Desmond and Christiane were the artistic soul. Step by step, they built a unique space, which, in time, began to offer perfumes and home fragrances alongside their designer home decor. Their lack of experience in the world of perfume was compensated for by enthusiasm. And they succeeded.
Their first Eau de Toilette, simply called L’eau, became an instant classic with their customers. Now you will find dozens of products by Diptyque, many of which were created in collaboration with leading global perfumers such as Fabrice Pellegrin or Olivia Giacobetti. Diptyque perfumes are sensual and intoxicating. They emphasise your sex appeal and give you a true feeling of self-confidence.