- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Givenchy L’InterditIngredients
Givenchy L’Interdit Eau de Parfum is a tribute to women’s courage. It’s the perfect choice for a woman who’s not afraid to break the rules and defy constricting conventions.
- a woody oriental fragrance
- for a modern and daring woman
- more suited for colder days
Composition of the fragrance
First, you’ll be delighted by fruity notes of pear, cherry and bergamot which combine perfectly with the purely floral heart. What follows is an essence of tuberose, orange blossom and true jasmine. In the drydown, the dark, earthy, woody notes of vetiver and patchouli contrast with the delicate florals, accompanied by ambroxan, vanilla and caramel.
Story of the fragrance
L’Interdit Eau de Parfum (2018) is the new and improved version of the legendary Givenchy from 1957 which was dedicated to Audrey Hepburn. This time, it’s American actress Rooney Mara who’s promoting the fragrance and perfumers Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Fanny Bal who designed it.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Orange Blossom, Tuberose, Jasmine
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Patchouli, Vetiver
- Fragrance category
- floral, woody
About the brand Givenchy
Luxury fashion pieces, high-quality cosmetics and gorgeous perfumes. That is Givenchy, the French brand that has been paying tribute to fashion and beauty for over 60 years, with irreverence inviting all women and men to reinvent themselves.
The story of Givenchy brand began in Paris in 1952 when Hubert de Givenchy founded a Fashion House bearing his name. In 1953, the encounter between the designer Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn marked the beginning of the brand’s close relationship with cinema. She became his muse, and he designed costumes for her films and honed her style.
In 1957, Givenchy launched L’Interdit, a fragrance which had been originally designed for the actress. This is how the Parfums Givenchy company was born. Other memorable fragrances followed and in 1989, Givenchy branched out to cosmetics.
Besides the iconic Givenchy L’Interdit that also lived to see a new, more modern floral version, other widely popular Givenchy fragrances were launched such as Givenchy Irresistible and Gentleman Givenchy.
Givenchy perfumes are timeless and let the wearer’s personality shine through, creating a unique olfactory signature that will make you unforgettable.