- Review 6
Description John Varvatos Artisan PureIngredients
The Mexican city of Xalapa is surrounded by vast citrus orchards and coffee plantations. John Varvatos Artisan Pure Eau de Toilette for men captures the feeling of this picturesque landscape and in a composition featuring refreshing citruses and aromatic herbs.
- fresh, woody fragrance with notes of citrus
- inspired by the hills around the Mexican city of Xalapa
- best suited for spring and summer
Composition of the fragrance
The fragrance opens with citrussy notes of lemon, bergamot and tangerine accompanied by marjoram and thyme, closely followed by petitgrain and ginger. The long-lasting drydown is dominated by amber, musk, orris root and woody notes.
Story of the fragrance
John Varvatos Artisan Pure Eau de Toilette for men was inspired by the vast citrus orchards and coffee plantations around the city of Xalapa, Mexico. The fragrance was first introduced in 2017 and its composition was designed by Rodrigo Flores-Roux.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Tangerine, Marjoram, Lemon, Thyme, Bergamot
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Petitgrain, Ginger
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Amber, Woody Notes, Orris Root, Musk
- Fragrance category