- About the brand
- Review 6
Description Parfums De Marly Pegasus Royal EssenceIngredients
The combination of powdery and fresh notes with a touch of the grandeur of ancient times is a guarantee of intensity and resonance. The unisex Parfums De Marly Pegasus Royal Essence Eau de Parfum stands out with its classical structure of fern fragrances that actually elevate the smoky, animal and creamy notes to a new level.
- an intense, oriental fougère fragrance
- a luxury, niche fragrance suitable for both men and women
- first released in 2011
Composition of the fragrance
At first, you’ll notice the combination of cypress and violet petals, slowly transforming into creamy notes of almond. The base notes of fern are complemented by warming vanilla and animal accords of amber wrapped in a veil of sandalwood.
Story of the fragrance
Pegasus Royal Essence is named after a legendary stallion in 18th-century horse racing. The French monarch at the time, Louis XV, was a great admirer of it, and the most luxurious perfumes of the time were created for him. The ostentatious soul of this traditional perfume craft is revived by the Parfums de Marly brand in its current fragrances.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Heliotrope, Bergamot, Cumin
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Jasmine, Almonds, Lavender
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Amber, Vanilla, Sandalwood
- Fragrance category
About the brand Parfums De Marly
Luxury niche fragrances by Parfums de Marly are inspired by the times of Louis XV. whose passion for enchanting scents was well known. He especially loved extravagant and intense fragrances full of rich notes. Each day he requested his bedroom to be scented with a different perfume. Even the water in his garden fountains had a lovely scent.
Parfums de Marly revive the spirit of opulent balls and festivities that took place at the Château de Marly for the amusement of the royal court and foreign dignitaries. Apart from the old craft of perfumery, Parfums de Marly also pays homage to the tradition of horse racing. After all, the races were another of Louis XV.’s favourite pastimes. Each fragrance is a tribute to the character of one of the horse breeds that were popular at the French court. That’s why you find names like Parfums de Marly Herod, Oajan, or Pegasus in brand’s line.
Each Parfums de Marly fragrance carries a piece of French history. Immerse yourself in the rich essences made from the finest ingredients known since the golden age of perfumery in the 18th century.