Amouage Myths Eau de Parfum for Men
- About the brand
- Review 2
Description Amouage MythsIngredients
Intriguing like a mirage, Amouage Myths Man Eau de Parfum for men will entice your senses with its mysterious and intoxicating nature. It’s composition combines wood and smoke, capturing a dream-like image inside an oriental fragrance.
- a warm, woody oriental fragrance with smoky notes
- introduced alongside its female counterpart, the Amouage Myths Eau de Parfum for women
- suitable for nighttime wear, colder weather and special occasions
Composition of the fragrance
Beaming rays of chrysanthemum and the cooling aroma of orris root blend together with warm woody notes of rum and elemi. Dry, earthy vetiver and the smoky aroma of ash connect with your subconscious instincts. A hint of rose combined with dark base notes of leather and labdanum lead you to the source of Eastern traditions.
Story of the fragrance
Amouage Myths for both men and women represent one chapter of a narrative introduced by Christopher Chong, Amouage’s Creative Director. It represents the attempt to stray away from convention and reason, thereby shifting focus on emotion and personal experiences. The fragrance was introduced in 2016, created by perfumers Daniel Visentin, Dorothee Piot and Karine Vinchon-Spehner.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Orris, Chrysanthemum
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Vetiver, Rose, Rum, Elemi
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Labdanum, Ash, Leather
- Fragrance category
About the brand Amouage
The sumptuous scent of Amouage is characterised by its uniqueness and its totally distinctive elegance. The independent brand with luxury niche perfumes now has its headquarters in London, but its roots reach into the depths of the Middle East.
Amouage draws inspiration from the rich and varied heritage of its place of origin – the Sultanate of Oman. The brand was founded in 1983 by His Excellency Sayyid Hamad bin Hamoud Al Busaidi, a member of the Omani royal family, on the basis of his decision to revive the glory of Arabian fragrances. The brand’s philosophy is to create perfumes with truly artistic value. Amouage strictly selects only the finest exotic ingredients, including silver incense from Oman, the unique Oman rose and myrrh.
Amouage’s niche perfumes are put together in Grasse, Southern France, which is considered the global capital of perfumes, thus providing a guarantee of the highest standards. The perfumes then travel to Oman for production, where the maceration of the ingredients takes about two months. To finish, all the Amouage perfumes undergo the highest quality checks and are packaged almost exclusively by hand.