Vitamin E (or tocopherol) might not be the most famous cosmetic ingredient, but it’s one of the most important antioxidants which slows down the process of skin ageing and protects the cells from damage caused by free radicals. Natural vitamin E comes in oils obtained from nuts, wheat sprouts, or fruit, but its also made synthetically for cosmetic purposes. Both forms prevent oils from going rancid and can be used as preservatives in cosmetic products.
Characteristics of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant which penetrates individual layers of skin where it regenerates the damage caused to their structure and hydrates the skin from the inside. It is sometimes called “the love vitamin” – and you might well fall in love with it, too.
Effects of Vitamin E on Skin
- Protects cell membranes from damage caused by free radicals, thus slowing down the process of skin ageing.
- Reduces signs of ageing, smooths out wrinkles, and restores your skin’s elasticity and firmness.
- Reduces the visibility of dark spots and can even repair damage caused by the harmful UVB rays.
- Helps soothe irritated skin and reduces the damage of skin texture, thus speeding up scar regeneration.
- Helps with eczema, skin inflammation, and psoriasis. Slows down flakiness and promotes blood circulation in the skin.
Effects of Vitamin E on Hair
- Hydrates and regenerates the scalp while preventing dandruff.
- Makes hair glossy and smooth, has a detangling effect.
- Prevents excessive hair loss and promotes hair growth.
- Improves the overall quality of hair, prevents split ends, and slows down greying.
Cosmetic Products with Vitamin E
Vitamin E has clear beautifying effects. It restores the vitality and health of your skin by promoting blood circulation. However, your body cannot produce this vitamin on its own, which is why you should supplement it through your diet and the cosmetic products you use.
You can apply a vitamin E cream or serum in the morning or before bed to help restore your skin’s elasticity and firmness, as well as reduce the risk of deep wrinkles. Vitamin E even prevents excessive production of melanin, thus reducing your dark under-eye circles.
Body creams with vitamin E are very effective in addressing stretch marks, because vitamin E penetrates the deeper layers of skin where it regenerates the cracks in elastic fibres which cause the problem. It also helps regulate the function of sebaceous glands and leaves your skin perfectly soft and hydrated.
If you’re struggling with dry skin, try a vitamin E oil – you’ll notice the positive results after only a few weeks and your skin will have a lasting protection.
Experience the nourishing power of vitamin E benefits for yourself. Its rejuvenating effects come sooner than you’d expect and your skin will regain its firmness and healthy appearance. Notino.co.uk carries a wide selection of nourishing products and hair care with vitamin E – so start enjoying their benefits today!