- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Byredo 1996 Inez & VinoodhIngredients
Experience an oriental woody composition which is suitable for both men and women. It will charm you with scents of juniper and notes of amber, leather and patchouli. The Byredo 1996 Eau de Parfum is a deep spicy fragrance full of provocative intimacy, in which the creative energy of modern art meets an appreciation for natural beauty.
- a dry woody herbal fragrance
- for both men and women
- a warm fragrance ideal for colder days
Composition of the fragrance
The opening fireworks sparked by pepper and cooling juniper reveal the provocative character of the 1996 fragrance. The combination of powdery iris, naive violet, leather and amber creates an accord full of bodily warmth and apparent innocence. The sweet woody notes of amber, patchouli and vanilla hint at the depth and intensity of a loving relationship between two artistic souls.
Story of the fragrance
In 1996, the photography duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinudh Matadin captured an image of a young girl titled “Kirsten 1996”. The founder of Byredo, Ben Gorham, was inspired by the photograph and created a fragrance with the name 1996. This Eau de Parfum is his interpretation of the intense relationship between two artists and the expressiveness of their image.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Juniper Berries
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Violet, Iris
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Leather, Patchouli, Amber
- Fragrance category
- oriental, woody
About the brand Byredo
Byredo, a Swedish brand of distinctive niche perfumes, is the brainchild of the highly unique Ben Gorham, the son of an Indian mother and a Canadian father. Growing up in Toronto, New York, and Stockholm, he studied art, but a chance meeting with perfumer Pierre Wulff convinced him to focus on creating fragrances instead of painting.
He was inspired by memories of a trip to his mother’s hometown in India, where he discovered a love for the aroma of spices and incense. He linked these oriental scents with Nordic minimalism and, with the motto “less is sometimes more”, he captures his Scandinavian roots. In 2006, he founded one of the most progressive niche perfume brands today.
Diptyque fragrances are distinguished by pure and simple compositions that perfectly highlight individual ingredients. Byredo perfumes are as exceptional as their creator. Envelop yourself in modern, minimalist, yet distinctive fragrances.