Aloe vera or true aloe is an evergreen succulent originally from Africa and was deemed “the plant of immortality” by ancient Egyptians. From this region, it has spread to the rest of the world and become part of health and beauty rituals of people around the globe. Aloe vera leaves with their gel-like pulp are a source of juice which is very popular in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries for its highly moisturising and regenerating effects.
Characteristics of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a strong antioxidant with an ability to create a protective film which keeps the moisture inside your skin and hair, and protects them from harmful free radicals and dryness.
Effects of Aloe Vera on Skin
- Stimulates cell regeneration and promotes the growth of fibroblasts and collagen renewal in the skin, thus softening and smoothing out wrinkles.
- Increases the firmness of the tissue, plus vitamins A and E speed up skin regeneration after minor injuries.
- Helps fight acne, regenerates little scars, and prevents new spots.
- Soothes irritated skin and reduces its reaction to insect bites.
Effects of Aloe Vera on Hair
- Improves the strength and elasticity of hair, increases shine.
- Takes care of the scalp, nourishes hair roots, effectively fights dandruff.
- Hydrates dry and damaged hair.
Cosmetic Products with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is non-toxic and can be applied several times a day without any limit. Aloe vera products are suitable for all skin types, especially dry, dehydrated, and acne-prone skin.
During the summer months, take an aloe vera gel with you to intensely regenerate your skin damaged by excessive sun exposure and soothe other allergic skin reactions. Aloe vera ointment for hands and nails will keep your skin perfectly hydrated despite frequent washing.
Notino.co.uk carries intensive skin-care products with aloe vera – from aloe vera cream, sheet masks, and gentle cleansers to cooling shower gels, antiperspirants, and soothing shaving foams as well as popular hair care such as aloe vera shampoo and conditioner for dry, damaged, and frizzy hair.
You should definitely have a few aloe vera products in your stash. You’ll quickly notice the difference in your skin and hair, and you’ll be able to enjoy how healthy and beautiful your skin and hair finally are. Shop at notino.co.uk and start your aloe vera regenerating treatment today!