- ACM 2
- Alcina 2
- âme pure 1
- Banila Co. 3
- Bioderma 1
- Catrice 1
- Cosrx 2
- Elemis 3
- Estée Lauder 1
- Glamglow 3
- GUERLAIN 1
- Ignite 1
- Institut Esthederm 2
- iUnik 1
- KORIKA 1
- Mádara 1
- Mario Badescu 1
- MATIS Paris 1
- Missha 2
- Mizon 1
- Natura Siberica 9
- NeoStrata 17
- Neutrogena 2
- Nudestix 5
- Omorovicza 1
- Oriflame 2
- Payot 1
- Purito 1
- Q+A 1
- REN 2
- Revolution Skincare 15
- RYOR 1
- Secret Key 1
- Sesderma 1
- Skin79 2
- Some By Mi 4
- StriVectin 3
- Uriage 2
- Yuzen 4
- Ziaja 1
- Anti Age Spots 8
- Anti-acne 21
- Anti-ageing 19
- Anti-blackheads 8
- Anti-redness 5
- Brightening 42
- Calming 16
- Cleansing 30
- Colour protection 2
- Density and vitality 2
- Detox 1
- Exfoliation 57
- Growth stimulation 2
- Hair volume 1
- Hydration 42
- Lifting 1
- Mattifying 5
- Nourishing 16
- Pore-minimising 11
- Protection from the elements 2
- Regeneration 14
- Regulation of excessive sebum 15
- Replumping 4
- Revitalisation 15
- Shine and softness 4
- Strengthening 5
- Unifying 15
UriageHyséac Purifying TonerSebum-Regulating and Pore-Minimising Tonic With AHA Acids 250 ml
BiodermaPigmentbio C-ConcentrateLightening Corrective Serum Against Pigment Spots 15 ml
Natura SibericaOblepikha C-BerricaPurifying Foam Gel for Face 145 ml
NeutrogenaBright BoostBrightening Scrub 75 ml
NeutrogenaBright BoostBrightening Gel Cream 50 ml
Revolution Skincare30% AHA + BHA Peeling SolutionIntense Skin Exfoliator 30 ml
ElemisPeptide⁴ Overnight Radiance PeelExfoliating Peeling Serum with Brightening and Smoothing Effect 30 ml
ACMSébionexCleansing Gel For Oily And Problematic Skin 200 ml
Natura SibericaPolar White BirchCleansing Gel Scrub For Oily And Problematic Skin 145 ml
CosrxAHA/BHACleansing Tonic 150 ml
NeoStrataResurfaceOne-Step Peel for Home Use With AHA Acids 60 ml
SesdermaAcglicolic Classic Forte FacialAnti-Wrinkle Moisturising Serum With AHA Acids 10 x 1.5 ml
Natura SibericaOblepikha C-BerricaExfoliating Cotton Pads with Brightening Effect 20 pc
NewNatura SibericaTaiga Siberica Tuva White BirchShampoo for Volume 270 ml
NewPuritoAHA BHA Refreshing SolutionExfoliating Toner 100 ml
Some By MiAHA∙BHA∙PHA 30 Days MiracleSoothing And Hydrating Toner 150 ml
ElemisSuperfood AHA Glow Cleansing ButterCleansing Face Mask with Brightening Effect 90 ml
NeoStrataEnlightenBrightening Gel To Treat Dark Spots 20 g
special offerRevolution SkincareMulti AcidDeep Cleansing Peeling With AHA Acids 30 ml
NeoStrataResurfaceFace Cream With AHA Acids 40 g
NeoStrataCorrectRegenerating Scrub With AHA Acids 75 g
ACMSébionex KProtective Mattifying Cream for Oily Skin with Imperfections With AHA Acids 40 ml
special offerNeoStrataClarifyFacial Gel With AHA Acids 125 ml
NeoStrataClarifyTopical Acne Gel 15 g
AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids), also called fruit acids, are organic substances commonly found in fruit, vegetables and milk, which are known for their rejuvenating effects and were used by Queen Cleopatra herself. The main ability of AHA is to perfectly remove dead skin cells and accelerate the formation of new ones, which eliminates hyperpigmentation, reduces acne, tightens enlarged pores and smooths out wrinkles.
Properties of Alpha-Hydroxy Acids
The use of AHAs helps speed up the regeneration of the upper layer of your skin and correct its texture. They work as a chemical peel and leave your skin radiant, rejuvenated and perfectly smooth. They also have cleansing and antioxidative effects which help you get rid of oil and unpleasant acne.
Effects of AHAs on Your Skin
- They contain chlorhexidine which removes excess sebum accumulated in your pores while regulating its production.
- They correct the surface of your skin and reduce the thickness of its calloused part, thus facilitating the absorption of nutrients into the skin.
- They bind large amounts of water to the cells and perfectly hydrate your skin.
- They even out skin tone and fight hyperpigmentation.
- They promote collagen and elastin production to increase elasticity and slow down the formation of wrinkles.
Most Frequently Used AHAs in Cosmetics:
The modern cosmetic industry mostly uses synthetically modified organic AHAs which have different benefits and are suitable for different skin types. Apart from oily and mature skin, alpha-hydroxy acids are also great for dry and sensitive skin.
- Citric acid is mainly used to brighten tired skin and protect it from harmful free radicals.
- Glycolic acid has powerful rejuvenating effects and is often used in dermatology as a chemical peel. Lower concentrations can be found in anti-ageing products for home use.
- Mandelic acid is a popular ingredient in treating adult acne. It’s also very effective in the fight against hyperpigmentation.
- Salicylic acid is used especially on problem skin prone to acne. It clears, reduces sebum and speeds up skin regeneration.
- Lactic acid is gentle enough even for sensitive skin. It’s a popular ingredient of skin creams, shampoos and even mouthwashes.
- Malic acid is frequently used in both skin care and hair care for its moisturising effect .
Cosmetics with Alpha-Hydroxy Acids
In the cosmetic industry, AHAs are mostly used in products designed for exfoliation, brightening and cleansing. Find a facial exfoliator with AHA and get rid of all dead skin cells. Trust an AHA serum and brighten up your dull and tired skin. Use a toner with AHA and say good-bye to oiliness!
Notino.co.uk carries the most popular cosmetic products with Alpha-hydroxy acids. Take your pick from a wide selection of AHA serums and creams or AHA exfoliators and enjoy the impactful treatment with almost instantaneous results. Restore your skin’s youthful look and spark!