Wilkinson SwordPremium Collection Shaver + razor blades 5 pcs
The Bluebeards RevengeRazors & BladesRazor For Classic Blades
GolddachsStraight RazorClassic Straight Razor
ZewFor MenRazor For Classic Blades
Wilkinson SwordPremium Collection Classic Straight Razor + razor blades 5 pcs
Captain FawcettRazorClassic Straight Razor
Shaving with a straight razor is a ritual that’s been enjoying its comeback in recent years. And not just because it’s so stylish – it can also leave your skin smoother. Want to discover the magic of classic shaving? A straight razor requires a steady hand, lots of concentration, enough time, and a few tools that are indispensable for a perfect shave.
What Do You Need for Shaving with a Straight Razor?
- A shaving soap and a shaving brush to better prepare your skin for shaving. Best shaving brushes are made with badger hair.
- An alum stick to stop bleeding from minor cuts if necessary.
- A good after-shave lotion or after-shave balm to soothe your skin.
- A sharpening stone in case your razor needs sharpening.
How to Shave Correctly Using a Straight Razor?
- Wet your skin with warm water.
- Use the brush to transfer the lather from the shaving soap to your face and leave on for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Start shaving your facial hair without pressing down too hard. Hold the razor with your thumb and three fingers under a 30° angle. Stretch your skin to prevent cuts and start shaving in the direction of growth, in small sections, then proceed in the opposite direction.
- Rinse your shaved skin with water and use your after-shave products.
- Rinse both your shaving brush and your razor.
How to Take Care of a Shaving Razor?
After each shaving, wipe the razor down thoroughly and let it dry. If you don’t shave very often, oil your razor a little bit to preserve the blade until your next shaving.