Winter is tough on all skin types. The combination of frost, low temperatures and overheated rooms reduces blood flow to the skin, dries it out and irritates it, makes it lose its elasticity and thins the protective layer. Sound familiar? Then get some quality beauty products for winter and don’t forget a protective lip balm and a special cold cream as part of your winter skincare! Your skin will thank you for it when spring comes around!
- ElemisPro-Collagen Marine Cream Ultra-RichAnti-Wrinkle Rich Day Cream 50 ml
- BiodermaHydrabio CrèmeNourishing Moisturizing Cream for Dry to Very Dry Sensitive Skin 50 ml
- EisenbergClassique Crème Riche HydratanteNourishing and Moisturizing Cream for Normal and Dry Skin 50 ml
- CeraVeMoisturizersFace and Body Moisturizer For Dry To Very Dry Skin 340 g
- La Roche-PosayToleriane Sensitive RichPrebiotic Moisturiser to Lessen Skin Sensitivity 40 ml
- EmbryolisseMoisturizersNourishing and Moisturizing Cream 75 ml
- PayotHydra 24+ Crème GlacéeMoisturizing Facial Cream 50 ml
Moisturising cream for winter
When you start putting the heating on, change your light moisturiser for a denser moisturiser with a higher oil content. The moisturiser will add moisture to skin dried out by freezing weather, soothe faces weathered by the cold and restore a healthy glow.
Don’t believe the myth that water in your moisturiser is going to freeze on the skin and cause it to crack. Even in winter, your skin radiates heat, and the oily components in the moisturiser create a protective film.
Cold cream against the frost
The best skin cream for winter for dry skin has got to be cold cream. Not only does it nourish your skin, but importantly it also protects it against the negative effects of the cold weather. Cold cream stops that unpleasant tight feeling and redness and even helps with winter acne.
Cold cream is an emulsion on a base of water and oil, the main components of which are usually beeswax or olive oil. Surprisingly, its name does not come from the winter, but the slight cold feeling you get when you apply it.
- AvèneCold CreamCream for Sensitive and Irritated Skin 40 ml
- WeledaCold CreamProtective Cream for Dry Skin 30 ml
- ThalgoCold Cream Marine Nutri-Soothing Rich CreamRich Nourishing and Soothing Cream 50 ml
- UriageCold Cream Protective CreamProtective Cream With Cold Cream 100 ml
- AvèneCold Creamfor Dry and Damaged Hands 50 ml
- ThalgoCold Cream MarineDeep Nourishing Mask 50 ml
- MustelaBébé SoinBody Lotion With Cold Cream 200 ml
Winter face cream with SPF
UV protection for your skin is essential even in winter. Even though the sun is hidden behind the clouds and the thermometer is at zero, around 80% of the UVA and UVB radiation still gets through. Think about that the next time you go for a winter walk or skiing.
Especially in the mountains, the sunlight is more intense and so it is worth getting a special winter sunscreen. A winter cream for the mountains should be at least SPF 30 and ideally contain ingredients such as urea and ceramides to strengthen the skin barrier.
Protective winter lip balm
In the winter, your lips dry out and crack and are more prone to cold sores, so it’s worth adding a winter lip balm to your daily skincare routine. The best winter lip balms contain nourishing ingredients such as vitamin E, jojoba oil or shea butter. A balm with beeswax will protect your lips against the frost.
Gently exfoliate peeling skin on your lips once a week with a lip scrub. Afterwards, treat your lips with a nourishing mask.
- BiodermaAtoderm Lip StickLip Balm 4 g
- La Roche-PosayCicaplast LevresBarrier Repairing Balm For Lips 7.5 ml
- NuxeRêve de MielUltra Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey 15 g
- BiodermaAtoderm Lip Balm Restoring Balm For Dry Lips 15 ml
- NeutrogenaNorwegian Formula® Intense RepairRepair Lip Balm 15 ml
- Burt’s BeesLip ScrubLip Peeling with Nourishing Effect 7.08 g
- PMD BeautyHydrakisshydrating lip mask 10 pc
Other skincare for winter
When removing makeup and cleansing your skin, avoid washing your face with hot water, as it will disrupt your skin’s protective film and make it more sensitive to the bad weather. You should also avoid makeup removers containing alcohol or other drying ingredients, instead opting for a makeup removing oil or cleansing milk.
Add a gentle face scrub to your winter skincare routine once a week, accompanied by a face mask to intensely hydrate and soothe skin irritated by the cold.
- CliniqueTake The Day Off™ Cleansing BalmMakeup Removing Cleansing Balm 125 ml
- Special offersFree deliveryKORIKAKorean HeritageMoisturising face sheet mask
- NuxeVery RoseGentle Makeup Removing Lotion for All Skin Types 200 ml
- ElemisAdvanced Skincare Nourishing Omega-Rich Cleansing OilNourishing Omega-Rich Cleansing Oil 195 ml
- Elizabeth ArdenCeramideGentle Cleansing Oil With Ceramides 195 ml
- PayotHydra 24+ Baume-En-MasqueHydrating Face Mask 50 ml